In honor of that little bitty number, 14 things I am looking forward to, in no particular order.
1. A garage to park in. No more dashing to the car in the rain, scraping ice or snow, or trolling for a place to park.
2. A water softener. The house came with one, but it didn't work when we had the inspection. The sellers replaced it, so we have a new softener waiting for us. I am super excited! The water here is really hard.
3. A huge closet to fill with clothes and shoes.
4. Glass front cabinets. I can not wait to unpack all the Fiesta that has been in storage for the past year.
5. A patio! It was one of those things we never got around to adding to the old house, and I'm excited to have one waiting for use to use. First things first... Roundup and a power wash.
6. A yard where Adam can play. Little boys need space to run free.
7. Adam will be able to walk to school eventually. There's a little access trail one street over that leads to the elementary and high school buildings.
8. A wood burning fireplace. There's something about the crackling of logs on a cold winter night that just feels cozy.
9. Huge windows. Lots of natural light.
10. A soaking tub. We may not use it often, but at least it's there when I'm ready for it.
11. Space. Lots and lots of space to spread out.
13. Quiet... as quiet as it can be with a three year old, that is. No neighbors above to deal with at 3 am.
14. Having a place that is OURS. We picked it together, and we'll make it beautiful together. It doesn't get much better than that!